Sunday, January 11, 2009

Heather - Chinoiserie Chic 2009


Message from Heather: 


Doesnt time pass fast ? Chinese New Year is nearly here ! For some reason, I always associate wearing jade with CNY ha ha ! Probably cause its a family tradition...I personally love jade but risk looking like an aunty (cough..) I would try and "modernise" my personal pieces to put a "Heather" look on them ! :)

My feng shui book advises that it is very lucky for ladies to wear jade this year, especially in the coming year of the Ox. This is because the chinese character for the word jade is "yu" - the top stroke represents heaven, the bottom stroke represents earth and the middle line represents mankind. So jade is said to be the link between heaven and earth and when worn by mankind, it forms a holy trinity which brings good fortune ! - Cool !

Also 2009 is a "double earth" year and the colour green signifies wealth luck. Hence the jade is a perfect stone to wear for 2009 !

So here's my mini CNY colletion for this year ! Available at Trixilini only. Hope you like it! ....ps. YES. Its real jade. Burma the supplier tells me but I picked the pieces for their designs and colour combo :)






Harmony SGD159 (far left), Peaches and Gold SGD159 (far right)
(Jade pieces, gold-filled earrings + rhinestone findings)






Zen is all I need SGD188
{Intricately carved jade ball, 14k buddha charm (clip-so so its removable), freshwater pearls}






Lotus SGD188
{Large lotus jade pieces, vintage finding with pearl, 14k gold chain, faux pearls}







Circle of Happiness SGD188
{Jade round, 50s vintage floral finding, large swarovski roundel, rhinestone findings, 14k gold chain links, faux pearls}




No comments: